Sunday, May 08, 2005

what a drunk

One night my sisters ex swung by the house to take me out "drinking". Little did I know what would happen next...


Earlier in the evening I had started out at my house by pounding down 8 beers in an hour (which was normal for me at the time) while hanging out with my neighbor. Then Scott (the ex) and his buddy showed up to take me out boozin'.

After some hemming and hawing about whether I really wanted to go out or not, we decided to go grab some chinese food with my neighbor and the wife.

You all know that while having chinese food you just HAVE to drink some scorpion bowls while you're there. After I had my NH state mandated limit of 2 scorpion bowls plus a zombie to boot, Scott mentioned that we should go out drinking.

Hell, after my 8 beers and a gallon of booze, I was ready to go!

We ended up in downtown Portsmouth and decided to start out at this place called The Portsmouth Gaslight. We just had to go there because it had a shuffleboard table downstairs and Scott was the ultimate frat boy. When we walked in we noticed that the place was packed! I said that we should move on, but Scott was convinced that we could procure a table.

After wandering around for a while, we ended up downstairs where it was even more crowded than before. Once again, I said that we should hit another joint, but Scott was determined.

He scanned the room for about 30 seconds and then fixated on a group of older ladies at a primo table. He said that we could take it from them. I said no way, but off he went anyways.

After watching Scott talk to some old bag for a few seconds, they all waved us over. Come to find out, they were celebrating one of the saggy chicks getting married to some (obviously blind) dude.

Not only did they give us their table, they bought us several rounds of drinks and gave us their dinners that they had already ordered!

More Tomorrow........

6 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Maryka said...

Waiting for more.....

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Wheel Gun Bob said...

Is a scorpion bowl one of those drinks delivered to your table on fire?

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Erin Nicole said...

Scorpion Bowl

Recipe/Directions: 6 oz. Orange juice, 4 oz. Lemon juice, 1 1/2 oz. Orgeat syrup, 6 0z. Puerto Rico Rum, 1 oz. Brandy. Blend with 2 cups crushed ice and pour into tiki bowl. Add ice cubes to fill. Garnish with a gardenia. Serves 2 to 4.


....sounds pretty good to me.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Wheel Gun Bob said...

But do you light the fucker? Since I drink a lot and like to light shit on fire it could be just memory transference, but I seem to remember that there is a little bowl inside the big bowl that they light on fire. Please let me know. I would hate to have to go to an Asia and order one just to find out. What are you up to tomorrow night, Cod God? Would you like to join us Erin?

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Erin Nicole said...

join you where?? new hampshire may be a bit of a drive for me. ;)

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Erin Nicole said...

i've been there once...it was very pretty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory & Search engine