Tuesday, August 09, 2005

We have arrived!

Much to my surprise, we have safely arrived at beautiful Lake Sunapee in one piece.

Already, I am considering this vacation an astounding success!

I didn't cause any traffic accidents on the way up. The Cod Mobile didn't break down, which was a concern upon leaving. Not so much breaking down as having the right-front tire blow on the highway at about 75mph. You see, she's a bit on the worn side... but still somewhat functional. Quite a bit like me, actually.

Also, I didn't get carted off by "the man" (which is always a plus)... who incidentally is always trying to keep me down. You know how The Man can be...

I also didn't succumb to the voices in my head that kept telling me over and over to "ram the next Mass-hole off the road who cuts me off on Rte. 93." Man, I'm telling you... those fuckin' people... wait, you know what? Screw it. This is going to be a relaxing week even if it kills me! I'm not going to get myself all wound up by typing about those fucksticks who can't drive. If only for the reason that Uncle Big Johnson wouldn't take too kindly to a fist-sized hole in his computer monitor. He'd probably put a Size 12- sized foot in my ass. (yeah, har-har... I probably wouldn't even feel it, so funny Bface)

Speaking of Uncle BJ, he thankfully had a computer all ready to go upon arrival (I'm sure that he had it flown in just for me) so I can keep up on everything.

If I had to recall everything that happens during this week solely by memory...well, you can read The Cod God Be Sicketh entries (it starts in the May archives) to see how that works. The ole brain doesn't retain the memory quite the way that it used to. Maybe it's the massive amount of painkillers that they have me on, you think? Not that I'm complaining....

Wait, what was I talking about?

--------------------

Anyways, after unloading the Cod Mobile, Pocket Cod and I headed straight for the dock to drown a few worms.

Normally, we just catch a bunch of rockbass with the occassional (sp?) smallmouth bass thrown in. Hell, you can even catch salmon off the dock in the spring, but that doesn't help me in the middle of August, now does it?

Well, the fishing was just a bit short of being incredible for this, or any time of year... compared to what we nomrmally catch. We had roughly 30 rockbass and even managed to scare up a dozen smallmouths, the last one being about 2lbs. Now if I could get a few of those to live with....

After fishing for a while with varying combinations of the Cod-Clan, we headed up the 9-gazillion stairs to start dinner.

BBQ steak tips, Cod Gal's famous pasta salad, some portobello mushrooms on the grill and some corn on the cob was the meal for the night. It was consumed while overlooking the lake a little before dusk. If that wasn't enough, there was also a perfect breeze coming off of the water.
It's now being followed up by the Sox game on the radio.

It doesn't get much better than this.

- Cod

2 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger Maryka said...

My favorite part of staying at Lake Sunapee is very early in the morning...when first wake up and you hear the waves lapping on the shore...

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Maryka said...

"Uncle Big Johnson"? Perfect! I can't wait to call him Uncle BJ, or would it be Brother BJ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory & Search engine