Tuesday, March 21, 2006

There is no God

First Willie, now this!

You know, it's not like Little V was looking for $10 million.

He is signing for $2.5 a year with a $3.5 million signing bonus. Hell, that's a tight end or a backup running back.

Not exactly breaking the bank, especially when you factor in the extra money added to the salary cap this year.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

It's all my fault too.

You see, for years I refused to get a jersey of any player that I liked because the first couple that I got when I was a kid led to the players leaving town in short order.

I didn't want to doom him.

That was, until this last Christmas.

The Cod Gal and all my little heathens have wanted to get me a Vinatieri jersey for some time now, but I had always refused opting for other gifts. This year I finally relented.

My thinking was that they would never let an icon like Little V go. After 10 years and the 3 or 4 greatest kicks of all time he should have been safe.

Yeah, I nailed that one on the head.

Fuck.

- Cod

ps- I think it's a safe bet that I won't be getting a Big V (Jason Varitek) jersey for my birthday

2 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger Maryka said...

I am literally speechless over this. I can only gasp for air and shake my head, while clutching my chest to prevent my heart from stopping as I stare at the TV, or computer monitor, or newspaper, in disbelief. This can't be happening. It can't.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Erin Nicole said...

will you ever blog again?

we miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory & Search engine