Monday, January 10, 2005

Money, Money, Money Mo-ney!...and football

So, Mr .267 got his $117 million dollar contract. Good for him and good for his Everything-That-Ruins-Sports agent Scott-The-AntiChrist-Boras. Between Pedro and Carlos Beltran the Mets will be paying out at least $30 million a year for the next 4 years. Give or take a few mill.

Egads!

Blair, I feel bad for you, my friend. I know that this may be the shot in the arm that your team may need (at least on the back pages), but jeez..... Pedro at $13-14 mill a year? Beltran can almost be justified because he is fairly young (27...right now). Although I did see a disturbing stat on Sportscenter that compared him to Bobby Bonilla. Their stats are very close to being the same at the time when they both signed on with the Metropolitans. At least Beltran can run. The only thing that Bonilla ran for was the buffet, and cover, while dodging Vince Coleman's driver (golf, people) all the way. Punctured eardrums, anyone? (yes, I do realize that exactly two people will get that joke...me being one of them)

On a quick aside...it is not a coincidence that no matter how good the player may be, God (aka Bill Belichick) will not even consider signing a player that is represented by that scum-sucking pond scum Scott Boras.

Moving on....

Derek Lowe, 4 years and $36 million. That'll be about a million an emotional breakdown on the mound, Dodger fans. Although I do wish him the best, I can safely say that he used to drive us Sox fans fucking crazy!! One day you will get 8 innings/3 hits/and 0 walks against whoever may be in first place at the time and then just when you thought that he had turned it around he will throw a 3 inning/10 hit/8 run/4 walk (with 1 big nasty, bleeding blister on his thumb) shitbomb at you against the likes of Milwaukee and Pittsburgh. You guys figure him out. We're through trying. Thanks for the (scatterbrained) memories.

Onto more pressing items like my beloved Patriots.

As well as Mr. Cut-That-Meat! played last weekend, I will never be a believer until he beats the Patriots in Foxboro. But as the Indy fans say "(insert Charlie Brown's teacher's voice here)wahwah-wahwah-wahwah". The last time that I checked you didn't win a championship by beating anyone during the season. Although, THE PATS wouldn't be included in that category anyways, so I guess (as always) I have no point. Hopefully Edgerrin-MrFumble-James will show up again and all will be well. If...and that is a big if, they beat my Pats, all that will do is turn it into a rivalry, instead of us always kicking your asses every year. I don't care what all of the "experts" say. I am the only expert here. The Patriots will not lose. If they do, well hell....I already have all kinds of reasons why. No Ty Law, Richard Seymour is hurt, Tyrone Poole is out, Troy Brown is on defense.

Spoken like a true Red Sox fan, eh?

In Belichick, we trust.

My prediction: Pats- 35.....The Mannings- 31

2 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger Wheel Gun Bob said...

Lowe will do well. It's easier to pitch in the NL, he will have less pressure so he won't poop himself quite as often. California is a good place for him.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger The Cod God said...

Yeah, the sun will do his cancer good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory & Search engine